Contract Agreements & Offers for HESS Member Institutions
HESS ERP and Cloud Systems Discounts
HESS members have a variety of discount programs that are available from our ERP and Cloud systems providers. All of our ERP partners offer HESS members discounts on software and services. These ERP partners include: Campus Management, Ellucian, Jenzabar, Oracle, UNIT4 and Workday. More information on future ERP contracts for HESS members will be announced soon!
E&I/HESS Aggregate Purchasing Program with CDW-G
Our partner, E&I Cooperative Services (through an MOU with the HESS Consortium (member login required)), has created an exclusive aggregate purchase agreement for HESS Consortium member institutions. This allows the annual spend of all of our HESS institutions to purchase as one entity at CDW-G, offering much deeper pricing across the CDW-G catalog. You order as you normally would but at much greater savings. As a member of HESS, your campus will automatically be part of the HESS/E&I aggregate purchase program that allows our private schools to aggregately purchase equipment and software at large quantity prices normally reserved for large public institutions.
As a member of HESS, you automatically get access to this deeper pricing BUT, to take advantage of the pricing, you should: 1.) be a member in good standing with HESS and E&I (E&I membership is free), 2.) let your CDWG sale representative know that you are a member of the HESS/E&I agreement and 3.) you MUST select the E&I contract to get the deeper discounted pricing in your CDW-G portal area.
EXPLANATION OF E&I/ HESS CDW-G DISCOUNTS: There are two levels of discount pricing through the E&I CDW-G agreement. The first is a base-level discount for those using the E&I contract at any level of purchase volume. There is a second-level discount for institutions who can commit to buying at least $2M in hardware and/or peripherals. Most of our HESS member institutions are smaller, private institutions that will not reach the $2M threshold for the best pricing from the contract. E&I and HESS has negotated a special member agreement (SMA) with the HESS Consortium so that all HESS institutions' purchases through CDW-G combined can reach the buying threshold to allow all of our institutions the highest-level pricing possible. The HESS organization has signed the agreement with CDW-G on behalf of our membership so their is not commitment agreement necessary from our individual member institutions. In 2018, HESS institutions purchased over $5M in hardware, peripherals and supplies from CDW-G making HESS the largest collective organization using the E&I CDW-G contract.
Deepest discounts through CDW-G are with close partners Apple (computers), HP (computers, network, printers), Lenovo (computers), Cisco (network) and Palo Alto Networks (network) but deep discounts are available from many other companies available through the full CDW-G product catalog. Ask your sale representative about the special discounts through the E&I contract for the HESS Consortium SMA pricing.
For more information on this program, contact your sale representative at CDW-G or your E&I member relations executive for your school. Click here to find your E&I MRE and let them know that you are a HESS member institution.
SPECIAL CONSULTING, PRODUCT & SERVICES PRICES EXTENDED to HESS MEMBER INSTITUTIONS
- DubBot provides automated website tests for website governance and quality assurance. Tests are provided for website accessibility, broken link checking, spell checking, and more.
DubBot will be beneficial to HESS because the founder’s bring decades of experience working with higher education and specifically liberal arts colleges. They understand that website management is typically one of many jobs our members are responsible for overseeing. They used that knowledge for building a simple to use, action-oriented tool that will allow users to find, prioritize, and track website issues and progress.
The new partnership provides pre-negotiated discounted pricing for HESS members. For more information please contact Blaine Herman with DubBot at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for HESS pricing (login required).
- The Strata Information Group (SIG) has offered a special hourly rate for their Ellucian Banner consulting and integration services at $165 per hour. For more information, contact Emily Rudin email@example.com or call Emily at 617-596-6868. To learn more about SIG, please visit their website at www.sigcorp.com.
- OA Solutions have offered a special hourly rate for their Ellucian Colleague consulting and integration services at $130 per hour. For more information, contact David Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call David at 1-250-217-8954. To learn more about OA, please visit their website at www.oasolutions.ca.
- ENA - Education Networks of America - has offered substantial discounts to our HESS member institutions from the wide array of products and services they provide, specficially in the area of Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Please login with your username/password and click here for full information on discount pricing available to HESS Consortium Member Institutions. For more information, contact John Sheehan, Director of Customer Services at 312-229-0256 or email him at email@example.com. You can download ENA's HESS pricing and discounts slide deck here or visit their website at www.ena.com for more information.
- Ferrilli has offered a special hourly rate for both Ellucian Colleague & Banner consulting services at $165/hour. For more information, contact Jessica Bonelli at or 610-565-3710. To learn more about Ferrilli, please visit their website at .
- MainStreet DBAs provides flexible database administrators as an extension of your staff for both Oracle and SQL Server environments. Pricing for HESS Members is at a rate of $120/hr. Their normal market rate is $135/hour. Weekly reports provide information on hours used and the tasks performed. For more information click here to download their services listings and discount offer sheet or see their website at www.mainstreetdbas.com
Dean-Dorton specializes in the implementation of Sage Intacct Cloud Accounting software as well as Microsoft Dynamics services. Their services also include outsourced IT audit services, HIPAA security and risk assessments and regulatory compliance testing. Consulting and integration rates for HESS member institutions is $165 per hour. For more information, please contact Jason Whitaker, Associate Director of Technology Consulting at (859) 425-7612 or email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Dean-Dorton, please visit their website at www.deandortontech.com.
rSmart develops and sells a premier campus and mobile information portal software solution called OneCampus. rSmart is offering OneCampus at a substantial discount to HESS member institutions now. For more information, please contact Ed McDermott, Director of Sales at 469-432-1965 or mail Ed at email@example.com. To learn more about rSmart and their OneCampus portal software, visit their website at www.rsmart.com.
- Through our contract partner, E&I Cooperative Services (non-profit), our HESS institutions have access to many technology and non-technology related contracts at great education discounts. For more information on these contracts, please visit their website at www.eandi.org/technology.
The Plan on HESS/E&I ERP Contract Agreements for the Future
The HESS Consortium was founded to help its private, non-profit colleges and universities collaborate, communicate and save money, specifically in the ERP (administrative systems) and ancillary software areas. In our first (nearly) three years of being an official organization, we have grown to nearly 100 private, non-profit member institutions. The numbers are not only indicative of the need for private institutions to have a larger voice in the software marketplace but it is also a plea for help and price stability to our software providers.
With our 2017 MOU partnership with E&I Cooperative Services, a non-profit, buying cooperative for higher education, into our contract process (HESS processes have been largely informal to this point), we have found a path to truly collaborative, shared ERP contracts that we believe will help all of our member institutions through the maze of licensing and campus pricing and help us work with our software partners more closely to share our struggles in many different areas.
Our new plan is simple and straight forward. Our current RFP document for ERP software and services will be strengthened by our HESS Cohort Leaders and formalized in terms/conditions, legal and public/private procurement processes by Keith's E&I contract team. Our HESS Software Cohorts will act as RFP review teams to review responses to our formal RFP and they will score and negotiate an agreement for a formal contract award. HESS and E&I will jointly award and formalize the contract agreements. All contracts will still be done between your institution and your software vendor of choice but using the new HESS/E&I contract agreement and pricing.
As with all E&I RFP processes, our HESS/E&I RFP teams' scoring is done on a standard evaluation and selection criteria based on the official vendor response that includes the following:
- Qualifications & Capabilities
- Adherence to RFP Specifications, Terms & Conditions
- Breadth of Products and Services
- Services, Support, Warranty & Maintenance
- Additional value and/or member incentives
- Pricing of products and/or services in comparison to vendors' standard pricing
For those ERP software awards that E&I sees will best meets the needs of the rest of its 5,000 public and private colleges and universities in the E&I category of less than 8500 FTE students, HESS contract agreements will be adopted and promoted through its channels. E&I plans to create another RFP for another contract agreement for institutions greater than 8500 FTE students for the large, public institutions in the E&I member family.
More information on E&I Cooperative Services can be found at www.eandi.org online.